About UNEP
UNEP DTIE OzonAction BranchOzonAction Programme
  UNEP > DTIE > OzonAction Branch Search

oMIS Projects Database

Country programme preparation

The action plan proposed by the Government will reduce the consumption of ODS by 85% between 1993 and 1997 and the remaining 15% will be phased out by the year 2000 providing that replacement chemicals are made commercially available. The Government will control importation of products using CFCs by increasing customs duties; provide training to service technicians in the refrigeration sector and encourage recycling of CFC-12; encourage manufacturers of ODS-containing products to introduce alternative technology; and provide information and sensitization to the informal sector of the economy.
Country: Senegal
Network: AFR French
Project Type: Country programme preparation
Sector: Several
Sub-sector: Country programme/country survey
Approval / start date: 11/1/1993
Status: Completed
Project Category: Multilateral Fund
UNEP Office: ROA


© UNEP DTIE 2007 | updated 19-nov-10