Promoting Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production
has to cover a range of related activities. Most important among
- Awareness raising
campaigns, targeting industry, government, financing
institutions, academia, and NGOs .
- Compilation and dissemination
of up-to-date information on Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production practices
and technologies in a user-friendly manner, addressing specific
- Human resources development
of personnel at various levels in the stakeholder groups.
- Demonstration projects
in different sub-sectors and locations in the country especially
Creating awareness and building capacity in industries, governments, NGOs, academia and Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production service providers is essential for achieving advances in both development and promotion of Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production
Capacity building for Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production should
address the following needs:
- A common understanding of the Resource Efficient and Cleaner
- Incorporation of the Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production concept
in the government policy framework.
- Integration of Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production concept
in policies and operations
of all enterprises.
- Education and training at all levels.
- Indicators to measure progress in Resource Efficient and Cleaner
- Providing information about both the technology
involved and the environmental management tools needed.
BIU works towards assisting key institutions for development/delivery of the above. It has currently developed a training toolkit for Promoting Resource Efficient in Small and Medium sized Enterprises (
PRE-SME ). The pilot industrial demonstration on promoting resource Efficient in SMEs is being carried out in Ethiopia and Vietnam with the NCPCs in the respective countries taking the lead responsibility as the technical service providers.