Making the Business Case for Sustainable Lifestyles
Lead organization: UNEP/ Wuppertal Institute, Collaborating Centre on Sustainable Consumption and Production (CSCP) and the Stockholm Environment Institute
Download: pdf of the guidebooks (soon)
The project is an ongoing series of guidebooks that address the business opportunities of sustainable production and consumption.
- To clarify what role business can play in sustainable consumption and production
- To make the business case for sustainable consumption and production
- To identify strategies that enable businesses to successfully work on sustainable consumption and production
The project has two parts: the printed guidebook series and the website to present the series.
The seven guidebooks, each about 15 pages long, focus on the following topic areas:
- Booklet 1 - What are the business opportunities and challenges behind the sustainable consumption agenda?
- Booklet 2 - How to drive business value through sustainable consumption business strategies?
- Booklet 3 - What does sustainable consumption mean for major business sectors?
- Booklet 4 - What are sustainable consumption business strategies?
- Booklet 5 - What public policy framework is required to encourage sustainable consumption business strategies?
- Booklet 6 - What sustainable consumption opportunities are there in developing countries?
- Booklet 7 - Which partnerships are required for sustainable consumption?
While the project is ongoing, feedback on the guidebooks has been positive. Following feedback the
guidebooks have been further developed to fulfil the needs of their readership.
The project provides a number of lessons for those looking to engage people on sustainable lifestyles:
- Applying sustainable principles in the development and design of products and services can build successful innovation and a solid customer base
- The business sector possesses unique skill sets and resources to incentivize the move towards more sustainable lifestyles.
- The market for more sustainable products is growing. The number of people considering sustainability while shopping has been rising over the years.
- Sustainable consumption and production strategies offer new knowledge and insights, unexplored partnerships, the potential for breakthrough innovations, and improved brand reputation.
Ms Burcu Tuncer - firstname.lastname@example.org
« Back to Task Force projects
Back to Home page