This guide shows how the power of communication can be harnessed for achieving
the goal of promoting more sustainable lifestyles. It is designed to be read by
local and national government authorities, and everyone else who wants to develop
and implement public awareness campaigns on these issues.
Key highlights from the text:
- Myths and facts: what works and what does not in sustainable development
- How to develop a communications plan
- Key obstacles to government communications
- Recommendations for seeking expert guidance
- Sixteen case studies from around the world
- Resources: publications and organisations for further help.
Communicating Sustainability has been produced
by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), and FUTERRA, a sustainable
development communications consultancy, with financial support from the Ministry
of Sustainable Development of Sweden and from the French Agency for Environment
and Energy Management (ADEME). This publication is also available in French