This CD-ROM (available in English and French)
proposes resources for the educators training tomorrow's marketing and communication
professionals as well as for marketing and advertising trainers in the corporate
field. It is not a "turnkey" teaching syllabus but a flexible, interactive
tool which provides a synthesis of theoretical and methodological knowledge illustrated
by numerous specific case studies.
In this regard, it offers all kinds of pedagogic resources - short presentations,
campaign analyses, exercises, web links, bibliographies and more than 300 downloadable
documents - to encourage students and communication experts to think about and
involve themselves in one of the major issues facing society today.
The CD-ROM notably aims to:
- Demonstrate and analyze the business case and the marketing and communications
potential of sustainable development in the framework of corporate social
and environmental responsibility.
- Allow the current and future marketing and communication professionals
to become fully aware of the key role they can and should play by responding
to new consumer demand for sustainability through the promotion of sustainable
products and services.
- Provide the necessary tools to develop both effective corporate communications
strategies that build confidence in greener brands and powerful marketing
campaigns on sustainable goods.
The main topics addressed in this CD-ROM are the following:
- Sustainable development: ethics and social practices (module I)
- The economic and social context for sustainability communications (module
- The practice of sustainability communications: from innovation to risk (module
- Practices and exercises in marketing and communication (module IV)
- Analysis of various public and private campaigns around the world
- Resources: documents, web links, bibliographies, etc.
This CD-ROM has been produced by the United Nations Environment Programme in
partnership with the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
(UNESCO), the United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development
and the International Association of Universities, with financial support from
the Marrakech Task Force on Sustainable Lifestyles led by Sweden.
the CD-ROM online
4 modules of the CD-ROM (PDF, 800 KB)
Important note: beyond the 4 modules, the CD-ROM
includes numerous examples of advertising campaigns and many reports that can
be downloaded directly from the online version of the CD-ROM through the search
engine of the "Case Studies" and "Resources" sections. These
sections can be accessed at the bottom of the CD's homepage (after the introductory
the whole content of the CD-ROM (ZIP, 200 MB)